The Invisible Monastery is a network of Catholics across the country who are devoted to praying for an increase in vocations. The goal of Invisible Monastery is to organize continuous prayer for vocations, as suggested by the Vatican in 2012.
Members of Invisible Monastery:
- Pledge to pray daily or weekly for vocations
- Choose their type of prayer—Mass intention, rosary, private prayer, etc.
- Renew their pledge annually
- Receive a quarterly e-newsletter with prayers, resources, and ideas for promoting vocations
- May receive occasional communication from the diocesan Vocation Director with prayer requests or other information.
“It would be good… to organize an ‘invisible monastery’ in which many persons, day and night, are committed to continuous prayer for priestly vocations.” ~ From the Holy See’s Pastoral Guidelines for Fostering Vocations to Priestly Ministry